Wednesday 11 June 2014

A headless Bamboo

Today I had the last stage interview with Atlassian, still waiting for the outcome, anyway one of the questions was: "If you were to implement a feature in Bamboo what would it be?" at that moment I didn't have anything specific, so my answer was not that great. Anyway, waiting for the train back home, it occurred to me that Bamboo should be invisible, should basically get out the way.

As a programmer I write code to automate things, so I'd expect the process of building and packaging the programs should also be programmable and automated. I think having to configure build plans in Bamboo manually is an unnecessary friction. So I'm thinking of Bamboo as an invisible agent running on the background (locally or remotely) discovering programs to build and building them. So instead of going to Bamboo to configure my build plans, I want to create the build recipes as part of the project code. In most cases, not even this recipe should be necessary, for instance if a project is using Maven, the default task would be to clean and deploy.

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate information shared above. It’s of great help. If someone want to learn Online (Virtual) instructor lead live training in TECHNOLOGY , kindly contact us http://www.maxmunus.com/contact
    MaxMunus Offer World Class Virtual Instructor led training on TECHNOLOGY. We have industry expert trainer. We provide Training Material and Software Support. MaxMunus has successfully conducted 100000+ trainings in India, USA, UK, Australlia, Switzerland, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Bahrain and UAE etc.
    For Demo Contact us.
    Sangita Mohanty
    MaxMunus
    E-mail: sangita@maxmunus.com
    Skype id: training_maxmunus
    Ph:(0) 9738075708 / 080 - 41103383
    http://www.maxmunus.com/

    ReplyDelete